Recipe: Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs, Allergen-Free

Oh yummy yum yum!

I love my Italian herb chicken thighs  with this Italian herb blend  I came up with but I thought I’d branch out and try some kind of smoky paprika mixture. After searching around the internet, I found this recipe on the McCormick site of all places, and it was simple and just what I was looking for!

The resulting thighs are flavorful, not overly spicy and succulent.

Recipe Notes:
I use Bell & Evans air chilled bone-in, skin on chicken thighs. I've also made these with bone-in, skin on chicken breasts and they were delish!
I use Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it’s single source. Love them. 
I use Morton’s Kosher salt, coarse grain. 

My spice blend:
2 teaspoons smoked paprika 
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme 
Morton’s Kosher salt, coarse grain, as needed

*** 

Recipe: Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs, Allergen-Free
Serves 2- 4

4 Bell & Evans chicken thighs (about 1.5 pound)
Kosher salt
Spice blend (smokey paprika, garlic powder and dried thyme)
EVOO

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap baking sheet with foil. Sprinkle some evoo on the sheet pan. Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels and sprinkle Kosher salt on all sides of the chicken and then sprinkle the smokey paprika blend over all sides (front and back, top and bottom). until the thighs are all covered. 




Place the thighs skin side up on oiled tray and place on the middle rack in the hot oven. Cook between 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and sizzling, thigh juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. 



NOTE: at 35 minutes, liberally baste the chicken skin with the pan juices (and fat). Within the next ten minutes they will get even more golden, and gorgeous.



Comments

Popular Posts